Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
Later today, Secretary of State John Kerry will release the 2014 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices, commonly known as the annual Human Rights Reports.
The Reports cover conditions around the world for the exercise of internationally recognized, civil, political, and worker rights, as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The publication of this annual report reflects the deep commitment of the United States government and the American people to the global advancement of human rights. In the OSCE region, as in all regions of the world, respect for human rights within states is essential to lasting peace and well-being among states.
Mr. Chairman, the United States will also continue to listen and reply forthrightly to the views of others regarding our own human rights performance. We view such dialogue to be positive and in keeping with our OSCE commitments.
The Reports will be available later today at www.state.gov and www.humanrights.gov.
- Cross posted from the U.S. Mission to the OSCE
Related Posts on the Release of the 2013 Human Rights Reports
- Secretary Kerry on the Release of the Annual Country Report on Human Rights
- Assistant Secretary Zeya’s On-the-Record Briefing
- Washington Foreign Press Center Briefing
- Documenting the Enduring Pursuit of Human Dignity (DipNote)
- Fact Sheet: 2013 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices as PDF
- Fact Sheet: Obama Administration Leadership on International Human Rights
- Guidelines: U.S. Support for Human Rights Defenders as PDF